Clinics & Services
In addition to general consultations we are pleased to offer the following services:
- Antenatal - Clinics are run by the midwives on a Wednesday and Friday morning. In addition are appointments available with all of the doctors.
- Family planning - including "coil" fitting & Implanon is carried out during surgery consultations.
- Child immunisation clinic - run by the nurses on a Wednesday and Thursday mornings. If you have not received an appointment for your child, or have missed one, please attend between these times or make an appointment with the nurse.
- Diabetic clinic - run by the practice nursing team with support from The GP Diabetes Lead.
- Long term conditions - run by the Practice Nursing team. This clinic offers valuable advice and general health checkup to patients diagnosed with co-morbidities including Heart conditions and other long term conditions. Appointments are available throughout the week.
- Asthma Clinic and COPD Clinic- run by the Practice Nursing team and available throughout the week
- NHS Health checks.
- Minor surgery - Dr Hunter.
- Healthy heart clinic – regular clinics with the nurses.
- Phlebotomy - sessions available daily between 9am and 12 Midday.
- Cancer Care Reviews - Cancer care reviews are carried out with a member of the practice clinical team alongside a Macmillan Community Care Co-ordinator. The review normally takes place within 6-12 months following diagnosis
- You may be asked to fill in a Holistic Needs Assessment prior to your appointment
What is a Holistic Needs Assessment (HNA)?
A Holistic Needs Assessment (HNA) Concerns Checklist is a simple questionnaire that is completed by a person affected by cancer. It allows them to highlight the most important issues to them at that time, and this can inform the development of a care and support plan with their nurse or key worker. It usually takes about 10 minutes to complete.
More information and a link to a copy of the HNA concerns checklist can be found on the Macmillan website: https://www.macmillan.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/innovation-in-cancer-care/holistic-needs-assessment .